Do you want my flannel?

spring blog commence!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

You can't actually eat a theme.

Ladies and gentlemen. I present to you my last week in my favorite city:
5/5 - Cosmos and the Earth final; Say bye to Maggie :( ; Sara's 2 hour O.C. bash!
5/6 - Pack like my life depends on it; Music history paper writing.
5/7 - Do anything that I may have forgotten to do in the city this year; TheHitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with my Cliff Streeters; Party? Try to hook up with my super crush? Who knows...
5/8 - More Music history paper!!!!!!! Continuation of point #1 from 5/7
5/9 - Study for Music history final.
5/10 - Music history final; packing; saying goodbyes. :(
5/11 - Home.

This summer:
I'm taking a black & white darkroom photography class at the Southwest School of Arts & Crafts.
I'm going to try to get a job at AMC. Hopefully SOMEONE will hire me this summer.
I'm going to swim laps at the pool for my workout.
I'm going to eat better.
I'm not going to be white but have a golden tan.
I'm going to fly up to New York and spend a few days lying on the beach in East Hampton soaking up the sun and smelling like sunscreen.
I'm going to be a Southern girl & wear my straw cowboy hat & drive up to Gruene & eat their delicous hamburgers...mmmmmmm.
I'm going to be happy.

And the Spurs are going to win the NBA playoffs.

And now, excerpts from Professor Bishai's Theory 2 end of semester plan as read by Christopher Walken (actually I just think that if you had Chris Walken say anything Bisahi said it would be amusing, but whatever):
*NOTE - the language contained here will probably never make it into a new text book, but is simply meant to supplement and illuminate the more thorough language of your text book. Take for instance, the definition for a theme given immediately below. A theme is not literally a main course of, say, Thanksgiving dinner. You can't actually eat a theme.
*Descending 2nd (circle of 5ths grouped by two chords) - rolling down a hill like a fool
*Ascending 2nd (I'm So Excited) - Dog's mind: "He's going for the leash...?! No. He's going for the leash...?! No. He's going for the leash...?!"
*Ascending 2nd (nothing comes to mind) - one lemon...! two lemons...! three...cherries [raspberry]

I had my Music Theory final today. And I got sad as I handed my paper to Bishai. I'm not going to have him as a teacher anymore, even if I do stay. Tear...he's a funny, insane man. And if anyone can somehow convince him to give us The Dueling Accountant, you will be my BFF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home