Do you want my flannel?

spring blog commence!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

If there's music in the night, and it's really really right, it's the only thing I need

Jamie Cullum @ Irving Plaza, October 11, 2005, Sold Out

1. These Are The Days
2. Photograph
3. Get Your Way
4. Twentysomething
5. 21st Century Kid
6. London Skies
7. Drum/percussion jam
8. What A Difference A Day Made
9. Back To The Ground
10. Wind Cries Mary
11. All At Sea >> Don't Cha (yes, THAT song)
12. 7 Days To Change Your Life
13. Catch The Sun
14. Frontin'
15. Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans
16. High And Dry
Encore:
17. Mind Trick
18. I Could Have Danced All Night

I went to my first real concert when I was 14. Who it was, we won't share that here because I will be mocked. So that means I've had 6 years of real concert experience. Doesn't seem like much. And it isn't when you think about it. But I've seen some pretty great shows. And yet, Jamie Cullum still remains my number one favorite live performer. I'll try not to go into too many details because frankly I'm not a very good writer, but he is one of the most dynamic performers I've ever seen. His energy onstage is unbeatable. And the connection he has with his audience, the way they feed off of each other, is incredible. Usually when I go to a standing only concert, my feet start to hurt halfway through the opening act and I start to get really hot cause it's so crowded and my mood drops. But last night, I was fine and having an excellent time. He does that to me. He made me forget everything that was bothering me and I was able to sing and dance and just have a great time and fall back in love with him. I came home so happy and on this incredible high that I haven't felt yet this semester and I'm really scared to let that feeling go.

But anyways, if you like jazz and good beats and piano, I recommend you see Jamie Cullum in concert. Tonight he played for 2 hours, did stuff from his old album, stuff from his new (which came out today) and just rocked it. Maybe I'm biased cause I love his music, but he really does a great live show.

Pictures from the show
Last year's show

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home