Do you want my flannel?

spring blog commence!

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Here's looking at you, kid.

Even though it's only 9:47 pm, I feel as though my Saturday night is over, so that's why I'm going to talk like it's already over.

I spent tonight watching the second half of AFI's "100 Greatest Movie Quotes of All Time." Watching this, I realized there are a lot of movies I have not seen. And a lot of these are classics. And it makes me feel very, um, behind (?), unknowledgeable I think is the word I'm looking for (?) I don't know. I rented Mad Hot Ballroom for tonight and after watching the show, I think I made the wrong choice of movies to rent. Now, I realize that I'm only 20 and I have my entire life to watch them, but I always seem to have this mentality that I'm running out of time and if I don't do it now, I'll never do it. If I don't buy this record now, I'll never buy it. If I don't see this movie now, I'll never see it. If only I had that mindframe for homework, I'd be such a good student.

And since we're on the subject of classics, I think that Cole Porter and George & Ira Gershwin knew I was going to come into existence when they wrote their music. My love affair with their music has been at an all-time high lately. My love affair with Gershwin came into existence at a very young age...6 I think...when I saw "An American in Paris" with Gene Kelly. Gene Kelly was my hero. I wanted to be one of the little French kids who sang "I Got Rhythm" with him. I wanted to dance and sing and be just like him...and yea, I still do. I don't remember when I fell for Cole Porter. I think his music just fell into my lap one day.

If I had time to create a costume, I think I would be one of their songs for Halloween. I'm completely serious. I was thinking Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue". How I would do this, I have no idea. The idea just dawned on me. But if people can be ideas or verbs for Halloween, I should be able to be a song. If anyone has any ideas of how I can be a Cole Porter or Gershwin song for Halloween, your ideas are welcome. I also thought to be Ginger Rogers, but I like the song idea better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home