Do you want my flannel?

spring blog commence!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Cue "Pomp and Circumstance." It's Graduation time.

Last night and tonight I attended Graduation events for my brother.

Last night was the Baccalaureate Mass which was coincidentally held at Holy Spirit Catholic Church where my brother and I went to elementary & middle school. As I was walking out of the Church, I eyed my friends Alan and Nathan. I haven't seen Nathan Adcock is such a long time, however he still remains one of the most handsome guys I know. And one of the nicest. I think my crush on him is everlasting. Alan, however, needs to cut his hair.

I went outside to join my family. My brother's friends and their families were all out there too and they managed to take a photo of him and his friends who also went to Holy Spirit in the same order as an old photo of them from the 8th grade. I have to say, it was cute. I took a picture with my brother too and I managed to get him to put his arm around me. It was bro/sis moment. One that doesn't occur too often.

At the Graduation tonight, I felt really proud of my brother. He and I haven't always got along, but I've always been proud of him. I was filming and the zoom on the camera allowed me to see him smiling, which is a rare occasion. I like it when I see him smile. If you knew my brother, you would know what I'm talking about. He smiles in pictures now. It's actually amusing.

After the ceremony, we were walking around with him as he tried to find his friends, and girls kept yelling out to him, trying to get his attention. "Juanito!!! Juan!!!" they cried. Weird. What was even weirder was that he introduced my mom and I to 3 of them. I think they were his friend Tanner's stepsister and her friends.

Something else that I experienced during both evenings were all the mothers of my brother's friends coming up to me and saying things like "I can't believe you're all grown up!", "Hey gorgeous! Look at you!", "How's New York?! I can't believe you're up there!". I did the smiling and nodding and replied "I'm good! New York's awesome! Congratulations!" It brought back memories from when I would go to my brother's little league games and eat snow cones and be adored by all the mothers cause I'm "such a sweet, pretty girl."

These events aren't so bad after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home