Do you want my flannel?

spring blog commence!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

And I love you so let's watch the flowers grow

"When I first held you
I was cold
A melting snowman
I was told
But there was no-one there to hold
Before I swore that
I would be alone forever more
Wow, look at you now
Flowers in the window
It's such a lovely day
And I'm glad that
You feel the same
'Cause to stand up in the crowd
You are one in a million
And I love you so let's
Watch the flowers grow
There is no reason to feel bad
But there are many seasons
To feel glad, sad, mad
It's just a bunch of feelings
That we have to hold
But I am here to help you
With the load
Wow, look at you now
Flowers in the window
It's such a lovely day
And I'm glad that
You feel the same
'Cause to stand up in the crowd
You are one in a million
And I love you so let's
Watch the flowers grow
So now we're here and
Now is fine
So far away from there
And there is time, time, time
To plant new seeds and
Watch them grow
So there'll be
Flowers in the window when we go
Wow, look at you now
Flowers in the window
It's such a lovely day
And I'm glad that
You feel the same
'Cause to stand up in the crowd
You are one in a million
And I love you so let's
Watch the flowers grow
Wow, look at you now
Flowers in the window
It's such a lovely day
And I'm glad that
You feel the same
'Cause to stand up in the crowd
You are one in a million
And I love you so let's
Watch the flowers grow
Let's watch the flowers grow"
- Travis

So this is my new favorite song and Ian did very good with putting this on the mix he made for me.

Today was very bittersweet. The only real sweet part is that I'm going home tomorrow and I haven't been home since winter break. I miss my family, I miss my dog, I miss my bed.

But the bitter part came with all the goodbyes I had today. And now I feel like Justin C. did last year. Had to say goodbye to people as if I may not see them for a long time. And usually goodbyes are spread out because everyone finishes exams at different times. But I said bye to pretty much all my close friends today. And surprisingly I didn't shed a tear. After my muisc history exam I said bye to Justin, Mike, and Rebecca. And while I do love Mike and Justin, Rebecca was a hard goodbye. She and I have so many connections and little bonds it's ridiculous. And other than Maggie, she really is my only other girl friend at NYU. And while I was at Joe's, she sent me the most awesome text that almost made me cry. So yea I'm gonna miss you girl. But we will stay friends. I really have no doubt about that. Hey, you gotta have someone there with you to roll your eyes at boys.

After I "finished packing" I headed on down to Cliff Street to see Joe, Byron, and Jonah. We watched Independence Day and made oh so much fun of everything. The Spurs dominated over the Sonics. Byron pretty much ate an entire tub of ice cream by himself. And then I had to say bye to people again. I'll miss Joe. He never fails to make me smile. He is the only one who can ever really have my flannel. And then there's Jonah. What can you say about Jonah except he's from Seattle and his poor Sonics are losing. I'll miss his hugs. And seeing movies at Cantor with him. And Byron may come to San Antonio with his dad this summer!!!! Yay!!!

One thing that didn't happen during any of my goodbyes was crying. But then I got back to my dorm and I started talking to Nina and I lost it. And then I started listening to "Flowers In The Window" by Travis and I was ok again. It's such a pretty song. It plays at the end of Saved! and it just makes me happy.

But anyways, the real point of this post was to be my sign-off from New York. You'll be hearing my tales of summer from San Antonio soon enough. So stay tuned kids.

"Hell, I still love you New York" - Ryan Adams

1 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I like to think that Travis song represents our relationship well, LOVE OF MY LIFE. But I never thought of you as a snowman...Also, I heard that Belmont blew up today, so I guess they lost your application...Better luck next year, eh?


PS got my tennis racket in the most ridiculous of big boxes. I had a good "lol". Thank YOU!!!!! Say hi to Laura for me.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home