Do you want my flannel?

spring blog commence!

Saturday, June 25, 2005

My hometown knows how to throw a celebration

Today I made my way downtown to the Riverwalk for the Spurs Championship Parade. It was one the most exciting things I've ever been to in my hometown. We were right against the river and I was able to get some really great shots. These are just a few of them but if you want more, you can go here.


Coyote


#9 Tony Parker, #11 Mike Wilks, Trophy #1


#8 Rasho Nesterovic, #14 Beno Udrih, #17 Brent Barry


#2 Nazr Mohammed, #3 Glenn Robinson, #34 Tony Massenburg


#5 Robert Horry, #23 Devin Brown, #43 Linton Johnson III


Gregg Popovich (actually smiling)


#20 Manu Ginobili, #4 Sean Marks, Trophy #2


#21 Tim Duncan, #12 Bruce Bowen, Trophy #3




After the parade I came home to watch the celebration at the Alamodome. Bruce Bowen was the MC and there were some really funny parts. Here are some highlights:

Brent Barry: Now, everyone's been coming up here saying how much they love San Antonio. But I want to do something different. Who wants to hear Tony Parker rap in French?! Can I get some music? Alright, this one goes out to my girl Eva! Tony get up here!

(Then Tony Parker rapped in French)

Brent Barry: One last thing. Will all the girls that are responsible for the hickies on Beno's neck please scream?!

Linton Johnson: For god sakes PLEASE! I am NOT Nazr Mohammed! I am Linton Johnson!

It was so much fun and I am so glad that I waited in the heat for 2 hours to see it. Well maybe not glad. But it was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home