Do you want my flannel?

spring blog commence!

Monday, June 13, 2005

I’m a twentysomething and I’ll keep being me

The Birthday Post

Today didn't go as bad as expected. Ever since my 17th birthday, I expect the worst. When I was a kid, the idea of a birthday and the party that comes with it was the greatest thing to have ever been introduced to me. I had the BEST parties as a kid. Slip-n-Slide, pinatas, you name it. But my 17th birthday...I won't go into it but it was a bit upsetting. And ever since I just can't get excited about it.

I woke up this morning and saw I had a voice mail. From Maggie. She called at 9:00 AM...wtf Maggie. Anyways, she sang me Happy Birthday and I laughed hysterically for about 5 minutes. It was probably the best/weirdest rendition I've ever heard.

At around 11:30 I went to my mom's office to continue this massive filing project. Basically I have to re-catalogue a million files and kill my back. But I was given a little break when Joe called. We talked a bit, told me Happy Birthday, real nice. As I'm talking to Joe though, Mike calls. I don't pick up because I don't want to be rude to Joe. But Mike keeps calling...suspicion #1. I hang up with Joe and see that I have 3 missed calls from Mike. I call him back. He too is calling to wish me Happy Birthday (duh). We talked a bit. He was a in a Salvation Army and was very tempted to buy me a tape of Savage Garden's "I Want You" as a present which I have to admit would have been really funny/awesome/weird. I begin to tell him about how I was talking to Joe and it was so random that he called at the exact same time. THEN as I'm talking to Mike, Justin calls...suspicion #2. I hang up with Mike and call Justin back. Justin informs me that he spilled soda on his shirt and had to buy a new one at Salvation Army...suspicion #3. I told him the same thing I told Mike about them calling me and then him. He agreed that it was weird but said that it's lunch time so everyone's on break so it makes sense that I would get so many calls at the same time. He made sure I new it was my birthday and we hung up. I went back inside and continued my work. A few minutes later my phone rings again and I see that it's Mike. I picked it up and the voice on the other line was not Mike. I was so confused that I asked who it was and he said Mike. But I knew it wasn't Mike!!!! It was Joe!!!! And then what do I hear but laughing in the background. Yup. Joe, Mike, & Justin tag teamed attack me via cell phone. And I fell for it. An evil move on your part boys. I appreciate it and I love you guys and I know your intentions were good. But still. Evil.

When I came home I had IM's from Rebecca, Jillian, & Natalie. I had facebook messages from Mark, Erica, Lisa, & Jay. It was really nice. Made me smile. I miss my friends a lot. Jillian left for New York today to see the Backstreet Boys on The View and I'm really jealous (that she's in NY not the Backstreet thing).

Tonight I went to my Spanish class and now I'm home chilling. Mom ordered pizza and I'm probably going to watch a movie. Anyways, not a bad birthday. Thanks for all the love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home