Do you want my flannel?

spring blog commence!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Now turn to the person next to you and say, I want you inside me.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Last night all my wildest dreams came true when Michael Showalter gave a lecture at Skirball. And if you don't know who Michael Showalter is, then get out of my life.

Now, I've never seen Stella live so you can imagine my excitement when I was told that 1/3 of Stella would be speaking at NYU. So one might expect that he would be doing a comedy routine, but no. Well I mean he was funny but it really was a lecture. He stood at a podium and talked about his life and what led him to become a comedian and he talked about when he went to NYU and all this great stuff like where the name Stella came from (which I never knew). Of course many things he said were exaggerated for comic effect. He showed clips too! He opened with one from his guest spot on Law & Order as Alan G., the forensics expert. He also showed a video from what had to be he freshman year at NYU when he was in a comedy troupe called the New Group and it was of him and Michael Ian Black and they looked like gawky teenagers. Actually Showalter still looks like one. Other clips were from The State, a never before seen pilot for a talk show for VH1, The Baxter, and a gag reel from Stella. Joe Lo Truglio came out and helped with something too. The whole thing was really funny and not what I expected. And if you didn't go, then I feel bad for you. Really.



Oh did I mention that I met him? Cause I did. He signed my badge, we shook hands, and then we fucked.




I'm kidding. We didn't shake hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home